4300 Farlin Avenue
This building was donated to Moving Upward in August 2018. Our goal is to renovate the building into a two (2) two-bedroom apartments for homeless/near homeless Veterans. The apartments will be available under the HUD/Veteran Administration's ("VA") housing initiative - Project HERO.
"Project HERO" (Housing, Employment, Recovery, Opportunities), is a partnership of the Department of Veterans Affairs, the Missouri Department of Mental Health and the St. Patrick Center--who implements the program. It began in July 2008 in the Washington Avenue Apartments,1133 Washington Avenue in downtown St. Louis.
'HERO' has stipulations for a potential homeless Veteran which include:
• Being an honorably discharged veteran.
• Undergo weekly drug testing.
• Pay 30 percent of income toward rent and utilities.
• Not possess alcohol on premises.
• Not have violent crime or sex offense convictions.
• Do daily morning check-ins in person or by phone with a staff member of St. Patrick Center.
• Not have overnight guests unless it is the tenant's minor child.
• Leave his Project HERO apartment after a maximum of two years (which can be extended under certain circumstances).
We serve in a referral capacity for the HERO program. As we complete the renovation of our two-family housing unit, the two apartments will be available to homeless Veterans under 'HERO.'
Please help us reach the homeless Veteran population and usher them into permanent housing. Volunteer and make a tax deductible donation today, and help us complete this project!!
Click the link below to see current building information from the St. Louis City Assessor's records:
Call Byron Hayes to sign up to volunteer!!! 314-329-5804