4300 Farlin Avenue
This building was donated to Moving Upward in August 2018. Our goal is to renovate the building into a two (2) two-bedroom apartments for homeless/near homeless Veterans. The apartments will be available under the HUD/Veteran Administration's ("VA") housing initiative - Project HERO.
"Project HERO" (Housing, Employment, Recovery, Opportunities), is a partnership of the Department of Veterans Affairs, the Missouri Department of Mental Health and the St. Patrick Center--who implements the program. It began in July 2008 in the Washington Avenue Apartments,1133 Washington Avenue in downtown St. Louis.
'HERO' has stipulations for a potential homeless Veteran which include:
• Being an honorably discharged veteran.
• Undergo weekly drug testing.
• Pay 30 percent of income toward rent and utilities.
• Not possess alcohol on premises.
• Not have violent crime or sex offense convictions.
• Do daily morning check-ins in person or by phone with a staff member of St. Patrick Center.
• Not have overnight guests unless it is the tenant's minor child.
• Leave his Project HERO apartment after a maximum of two years (which can be extended under certain circumstances).
We serve in a referral capacity for the HERO program. As we complete the renovation of our two-family housing unit, the two apartments will be available to homeless Veterans under 'HERO.'
Please help us reach the homeless Veteran population and usher them into permanent housing. Make a tax deductible donation today, and help us complete this project.
Click the link below to see current building information from the St. Louis City Assessor's records: